Converting earbuds to IEM-style - silicone cover/tips
Jun 1, 2012 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

drssyoon

100+ Head-Fier
There used to be a product that one could slip over earbuds like Apple buds and turn them into semi-IEM style phones. Does anyone recall what they were called and whether they are still available? I am wondering if I can do something similar to my B&O A8s as my ears are differently shaped and earbuds do not rest properly against the ear canal.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:
There used to be a product that one could slip over earbuds like Apple buds and turn them into semi-IEM style phones. Does anyone recall what they were called and whether they are still available? I am wondering if I can do something similar to my B&O A8s as my ears are differently shaped and earbuds do not rest properly against the ear canal.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Compy Whoomphs.

Jun 1, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 11
That was quick. Thanks. It seems that they are not worth the money. I wonder if any of the other "enhancers" may be better? Or you can remove the foam tips and replace with something better?

Thanks again for the quick response.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 11
Jun 1, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 11
Well, the reviews are not all that great. One reviewer commented that the tips are just foams, not the closed-cell type of complys and lets in ambient noise.

There is something called acoutibuds on Amazon. That may work better.

The limiting factor seems to be that you can take your Apple buds (or any other cheap buds) only so far. "Lipstick on a pig is still a pig" to repeat a brilliant politician. However, if you have something like A8, maybe this kind of approach could work.

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 11
Are the A8's not pigs also? Not familiar with them. Sorry

Edit: These, acoutibuds on Amazon, look interesting. Good Find. Thanks

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #8 of 11
Well, I have tried them and they are not working for me. If anyone wants to give them a try PM me.

Steve

Which ones are we talking about?

And what did you find?

Thanks, Jim

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 11
I have not placed an order yet, but was interested after you mentioned them.

What sizes did you end up with? Did they not fit on the A8 properly?

Thanks, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back