Converting DVD Videos to Audio Files
Dec 27, 2005 at 3:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jwramp

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the Live 8 Concert DVD (which is really good, by the way) and was interested in copying it to my iPod or making audio cd's of it. I can extract the AC3 audio file, but don't have anything to convert this to WAV or MP3. I'm using a PowerBook, so I need any software (hopefully free) to be Apple compatible. Are there any ways to extract the audio by chapter, as well?

Dec 27, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #3 of 7
I've used DVD Audio Ripper for this exact use - it does allow you to do it by chapter. Pretty convienent. Anyway, I'm sure there are other, possibly better, software packages, but I used this all the time to rip concert DVDs for my iPod.

[EDIT]Doh, just noticed you need Mac software... hmm, sorry can't help you there, though you could always emulate it...[/EDIT]

Best regards,

-Jason

Dec 27, 2005 at 8:28 AM Post #5 of 7
yeah, i own the dvd's... i just wanna be able to listen to them on-the-go... just like ripping a cd that i own onto my ipod. How many millions of people do that?

Dec 27, 2005 at 9:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jwramp
but aren't there any programs or plug-ins that will just convert a two-channel AC3 file to a WAV or something usuable?

[size=large]FOOBAR![/size] [size=x-small](and maybe foo_ac3.dll placed in the components folder.)[/size]

edit: oops, just saw that you're using a P-P-P-PowerBook (j/k).

So I googled "ac3 convert macintosh" and the second link I clicked on was "Converting DVD Audio to CD Audio (Mac OS X). It actually took me longer to edit this post than to find a possible solution (not braggin in the least, just informing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back