Controlling Decibels of Freq. Range
Feb 21, 2013 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BRicci

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.

So there's this song I really like, but it has incredibly overpowered bass. I was just wondering if there is any program out there that can control the decibels of a certain frequency range and then render it out. 

Thanks for any help.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 9
A parametric EQ will do what you want. If your system has a graphic EQ, that can be used as well. (In general, an equalizer is simply a multi-band frequency based volume adjustment tool... It should do exactly what you want!)

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #3 of 9
I'm not sure if I understood you right or understand parametric EQ completely, but I want to render the song out so it's just like any other song. Not use a equalizer.

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #4 of 9
Download Audacity. Top of screen: File>Import the song you want. Then, after pressing Ctrl+A to highlight it all, go to the top of your screen: Effects>Equalization. In the new window that appears, on the lower left hand side there is a button that says "Graphic EQ" Select that, and modify the bass bands until you are satisfied.

Using an equalizer in Windows Media player will allow you to hear the changes in real time. Then just match that EQ to the one in Audacity. When finished, top of screen: File>Export. You should then be able to save it as an MP3 file.

Audacity Download: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #7 of 9
Okay, lets see what we can do. At the bottom left of your screen, there is a drop-down menu labeled "Project Rate." Ensure this is set to at least 44100hz. After checking that, and going to File>Export, see what format you are using. If it's MP3, be sure that the bit rate is at least 128kb/s, and that it's in joint stereo or stereo mode. 

Let me know if that works!

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #8 of 9
Yeah, already adjusted the setting accordingly before. I got it to come out right just by trial and error, but it still shouldn't have been doing that. Oh well.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm glad you were able to figure it out. Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back