Constant hiss coming through speakers!
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

johnnq

New Head-Fier
I just bought nuforce ne7m's and I plugged them into my speakers...and now I can hear an electronic hiss more prevalent than ever. I used to only notice it with the speakers cranked, but with quality 'phones it's really annoying. Is there anything I can do to eliminate it?

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 12
The hiss is likely interference from your computer, interference from the speaker, low-quality headphone amp, too much gain for your nuforce, or a combination of all variables.

The nuforce likely have very low impedance, thus are sensitive to any kind of interference that you may not hear from cans with higher impedance. The best solution would be some kind of DAC (perhaps the cheap Turtlebeach audio USB device can do the trick) that bypasses your internal soundcard/speakers, providing a clean signal without the hiss.

Aug 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM Post #7 of 12
it's integrated on the motherboard
frown.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 12
I think its your motherboard thats causing it. Maybe if you add a soundcard which draws power from the pci it may alleviate your problem. I'm not sure if it may work but you can try.

Aug 9, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought nuforce ne7m's and I plugged them into my speakers...

Which speakers? If you mean you plugged them into a set of computer speakers like Logitech that can be an issue . . .

Aug 13, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which speakers? If you mean you plugged them into a set of computer speakers like Logitech that can be an issue . . .

lol, i was thinking the same..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back