Consonance (Droplet) CDP 5.0, anybody heard/seen this?
Apr 5, 2005 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dalida

Head-Fier
Just wondering if anyone has seen/heard one of these. Looks great.

Operaudio.com's website lists a review in a french magazine "IN Revue Du Son & Du HomeCinema - No.294 - 3/2005" but unfortunately, my french is not good enough.
rolleyes.gif
Opera Audio website

anyone care to translate?
wink.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 7
It was qualified as "the first affordable high-end CD player" by the very serious french "Revue du Son" magazine and got their highest award.

Should be a good product
600smile.gif

Jul 21, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 7
I can only add hearsay: the person who sold me his cd player (who is a very experienced & trustworthy buyer/seller of audio gear) bought one of these. He loves it. Says it's detailed, but punchy with deep, articulate bass. He really likes it a lot, but this post has to be strongly qualified: I have not heard it myself.

- walkman

Jul 23, 2005 at 12:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Theres one forsale on ebay right now with a buy it now roughly around $3000.

Aug 23, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 7
I own one and it is as good as it gets in its price range. (and even above) Powerful, smooth, and very detailed. Great midrange from the tubes but lots of treble and bass extention. Looks to die for. Built like a tank. 50 plus lbs of music making machine. If it only did SACD it would not leave my home. Mines for sale because I want either the Cary, or the new Audio Aero Prestige for there SACD playback. If I did keep mine it would go into a second system directly into an amp and I would use the variable volume control on the CDP.
Anyway, I can recommend this player as very good. Give one a listen if you get a chance. I'll bet you will like what you hear.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back