consolidating grados
Mar 29, 2005 at 10:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

phkd

100+ Head-Fier
so i have a pair of the Alessandro MS-2s (not the new ones) and a pair of woody/silver recabled SR-225's. I decided I don't need two pairs of sweet grados, just one. So i was wondering, if i sell them both, do you think i'll have enough money from the sale to buy a pair of new of like-new RS-1's or MS-pro's? thanks for your time.
-AJ

Mar 29, 2005 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 6
You can get a new pair of RS-1s for $550 if you keep an eye on Ebay. You can get a pair of excellent condition RS-1s for $400-450 if you're patient and post a wanted ad here.

Your MS-2s are probably worth $200 or so right now based on what the for sale forums are showing (big drop after the i series came out). Don't know on the 225....

Mar 29, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Have you directly compared the woody 225 to a pair of RS-1? because reports way back from that seattle meet were that they actually sound better than RS-1s (well, according to them). therefore, if you keep the woodies, it's like having a spare MS-2 around just for flavor.

personally i would either keep both for their different sound signatures, or sell both and add a bit more cash to grasp for a used HP-2, which will sound totally different. going to a RS-1 might be too incremental to have to sacrifice those cans.

Mar 29, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 6
I think there was a pair of RS-1's with a woody case on the forums for $475 a while back. I don't think it sold either, but it was in september so who knows what happened to it.

Mar 31, 2005 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 6
thanks guys. i think i'm going to try for a pair of the MS-pro's just cause if there's a choice between something and a more uncommon version of it, i want the harder to get version. plus i really love the MS-2s, so theres a little bit of loyalty to the alessandro name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back