Console gamers, how're you setting up your headphones?
Feb 24, 2014 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

thug behram

Previously known as canuckavelli
What is the best way to get bit perfect sound from you console to your headphones?

Right now I have one of those cheap Logitech systems connected to my ps3 and I plug my headphones into the amped headphone jack the system has. As you can imagine the SQ isn't the best and there is audible hiss/static.

I own an e07k but obviously it won't work with the ps3 through USB. The ps3 has optical out /spdif I believe but my dac doesn't.

So would it be advisable for me to buy a Fiio D3 for this purpose? What about replacing my e07k with an e17 since it has an optical in? This seems like a side grade to me. Is there any other portable amp/DAC that would work with consoles and be an upgrade for me? Are there better ways to have a setup like this? Any other suggestions?

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 9
I'm using the turtle beach seven controller. I'm sure there are wayyyyy better out there but this is what I have at the moment. So far I've used it with the Xbox one and ps4 with success. No voice chat but audio worked.

Feb 26, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #4 of 9
Hey guys,

I'm playing COD ghosts with the PS4 using a ZDAC through USB to HD800s. I'm noticing that the sound is all mixed up. I hear people in front of me when they are actually behind me. Or I hear people to my left but they are actually in front. I'm set to linear PCM. Is it just the game audio or is my setup bad? Thanks for any help.

Apr 12, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #7 of 9
I'm using the headphone adapter into the XBone controller.  Polk 4shot headphones plugged into that.  Very happy with that setup.  Great sound and no dealing with the back of the box to hook up a transmitter just for the headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back