Considering Xduoo X3 vs. Fiio K1 + iPhone 6s. All feedback, opinions highly appreciated
Oct 1, 2016 at 1:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

guiffre

Head-Fier
Hi Everyone,

I'm brand new to head-fi, however, have been quickly learning tons from all of your efforts. Especially re: Chinese IEMs (knew NOTHING about those wonders).

Anyways, I currently have been listening on the go with an iPhone 6s. I've never owned a separate DAP since the days of the iRiver and iAudio.

Just looking for thoughts on whether picking up either the Xduoo X3 or adding a Fiio K1 to the iPhone 6s would be worth the investment.

I own a pretty wide variety of headphones, earphones and IEMs now. My current favorites being the Sennheiser HD600s, PSB M4U 1s, Sennheiser HD280s (for tracking),
UiiSii HM7s, Rock Zircons, DZAT DF-10s, KZ-ATEs, Tennmak Pros, Ausdom M05s, Jaybird X2s, Advanced M3s and Koss Portapros.

I listen to everything from Jazz and Classical through to Rock, Pop, R&B/Hip-Hop, Electronic, Folk and Singer Songwriter...only genre exclusions would be metal and mass marketed country.

With that in mind, how seriously should I be considering the investment in a separate DAP? How dramatic would the quality difference be between the standalone iPhone 6s?

Should I consider something like the Fiio K1 or Dragonfly instead?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to respond.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back