Considering upgrading my computer speakers
Aug 17, 2014 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Sancor

New Head-Fier
Hey there,

Full story below, but if you want to just get to the point read the bolded sentence:

So for the past two years I've been using some Bose MediaMate speakers I serendipitously found in the back of a cabinet when I moved to Boston. Yeah, like the seriously ancient first generation of these guys. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose_computer_speakers#mediaviewer/File:Bose_MediaMate_computer_speakers.jpg

I was pretty surprised with how good they sounded, so I've completely held off on purchasing speakers for my computer desk. I used to use the Swan M200MkII when I was in college and didn't mind having enormous speakers dominate my workspace, but now I use them for multimedia purposes in my living room. That being said, I absolutely love listening to music on the Swans and usually head over to them if I want to seriously listen to anything. 

Now I'm getting interested in maybe replacing the MediaMates with the Swan M10 speakers. They look like they have a small enough footprint and would probably be a nice upgrade in sound, though I'm just basing that on my experience with the M200MkII. However, I feel like I'm biasing my search based on my previous (very limited) experience with speakers, so I'm hoping some of you folks might be able to recommend speakers I might be overlooking. I'm willing to spend up to $300. Also, if any of you know of any good stores in Boston that I could go to to listen to good speakers I'd love to hear about it.

Cheers,
Sancor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back