Considering upgrading 8 year old IEMs
Feb 27, 2018 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Shizam

New Head-Fier
I've been loving my JHAudio JH16's for 8 years now and am considering purchasing another set of headphones, I'm wondering if getting a set of the even more absurd IEMs is a worthwhile upgrade or if its going to be imperceptible diminishing returns.

I asked JHAudio "Hey, what has improved in the last 8 years" and got a non-response.

Am I just chasing the dragon here and should spend the money elsewhere (full sized headphones or even nicer speakers for my office?)

Thanks,
Sam

Feb 27, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 8
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 8
I was nosing around here after some time, and wondering the same thing. I also have a pair of JH-16s and JH-13s, about 7 years old, and would be interested in some additional opinions about significant improvements from a more current model, from either JH themselves, or another manufacturer. There seem to be many more options now, but I am not sure that equates to significant sonic improvements.

Feb 27, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 8
Thanks @proedros , yea I'm not wedded to JHAudio. What makes you say JHAudio is the past and their designs have been superseded by others? Don't most of these IEMs use the same components? The hyperbole at Empire is a little grating, its like they got Hulk Hogan as their PR rep over there....

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 8
if you are looking for hype and overpriced iems , search some other companies (again i won't mention names for obvious reasons)

i am not affiliated with any company so i am nobody's bitch

EE seems to be the alpha dog atm , but that's just my 2 cents

whatever you buy do some reading first , it's your hard-earned money after all

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back