considering the x5
Jul 19, 2009 at 5:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dkane360

New Head-Fier
Hey, I already own the Custom 3, and was considering getting one of the images. How does the x5 compare to the custom 3 (highs, mids, lows)? From what I have read, the highs are slightly more pronounced and the lows arent quite as strong. I'm just worried that the x5 wont have enough bass (i listen to everything from classical to rap (dont laugh lol)). Is it worth the extra money for the x10?

Jul 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 6
The X10 only costs like $10 more on amazon...so money shouldn't be a deciding factor. Unfortunately the post office blows and it's taken them more than 3 days to deliver my X5's despite them being shipped from a mere 250 miles away so I don't have any good comparisons right now. If you own the C3's, are they balanced? If so, you should just get the X10's are more of a niche phone for certain genres. No point owning 2 iems with similar sound signatures.

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #3 of 6
i was actually going to sell my c3's to my bro, so i was looking for a replacement. but now im looking at the sa6's too lol. the c3's are pretty balanced. i dont have them on hand right now for a further description. i never noticed the overly strong bass that some people mentioned, so maybe I just have a higher expectation for the low end. I guess that would mean I should go for the x10?

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #4 of 6
I wish I had more to tell you but the post office has routed my package from 200 miles away (started in NY, I live in NY) and sent it to Pennsylvania, and now they're sending it to Ohio for some reason. I'd probably go for the X10's though. The SA6's are not known for bass.

Aug 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkane360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I already own the Custom 3, and was considering getting one of the images. How does the x5 compare to the custom 3 (highs, mids, lows)? From what I have read, the highs are slightly more pronounced and the lows arent quite as strong. I'm just worried that the x5 wont have enough bass (i listen to everything from classical to rap (dont laugh lol)). Is it worth the extra money for the x10?

x5's will be a great choice. the bass, while not as much impact as the custom 3's, is ample. You would have to be a huge basshead to think they are bass light.

imo, the x5s are better than the x10s. similar sound, but with better highs.

Aug 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I sold my custom 3's and i am selling my X5's. In my opinion the only thing that the C3's did better was the bass. The X5 still produces a fair amount of bass but it has a better midrange, highs, and soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back