Considering the Iriver Slim X, need input.
Mar 4, 2002 at 5:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, so I found a place where I can buy it. The next question is: is it any good? All the reviews I've found can't stop raving about it, but I prefer input from actual users. Anything and everything you have to say about this piece of kit, let's hear it. Thanks.

Mar 25, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 5
I have it and I absolutely love it. I prefer the overall sound from my sony mp3/cd player but the design and clarity from the slimx is very good. The sound is on the bright side and it took me a bit to get used to it. I use this player with my ex70lp or mdr-e888. I prefer using the ex70lp with most of my music. I know this is brief but I haven't had it long enough so that I can make a definite judgement on them. Especially longetivity of the player.

Mar 26, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #3 of 5
imo, the slimx is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

one complaint thogh:

my music is like 6-10 minutes long, and encoded really high. in typical mp3/cd players, ie riosp250, the player would drive data into some sort of cache....which will stop the spinning when the entire song is loaded into cache. Well, since each of my songs are like 10 megs, the slimx will continue to spin, wasting away at batteries. however, with new firmware 2.0, i river got much smarter, and made the player more efficeient. i highly recommend this player!

if ya have any questions, feel free to ask me, k?

Mar 26, 2002 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 5
I agree with the others. The SlimX really does sound good. There is a small amount of hiss when using low impedence headphones but this really isn't intrusive and, if used in conjunction with the Airhead portable amp, sounds easily as good as the Sony D-915 and Panasonic 570 Discmans.

Sony 888's are a good match and the player does go LOUD!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back