Considering taking the Grado/Alessandro plunge....
Jun 15, 2007 at 1:59 PM Post #16 of 24
I do not find my SR325i's any "brighter" than my old MS2s. I find the the SR325i much more listenable out of the box than the dt990 05, which was used and burned in. I do not think the difference between the Grados and Alessandros is huge. There is a difference but it is slight. Pad swapping provides the biggest sound difference. I liked my MS2s with flats but liked bowls on my RS1s. The RS1 got me used to bowls and I like them on the SR325i. I was in the same boat when I finally decided the deal with Todd ($265) was worth a shot versus $299 shipped for the MS2s. I will remind you that the SR325i is terminated in a 1/4 and you need the 1/4-1/8 depending on what your going to drive them with. Good Luck.

Jun 15, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickrobotron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread makes me want to change my "obtainable dream headphones" from Senn HD-580's to something Grado.

Oh boy.....this is where the favorite Head-Fi comment comes into play: "Sorry about your wallet."

May I suggest that the near-ultimate "obtainable dream" is to have....

....one of EACH!!

I would seriously consider hanging onto the HD580 and researching and acquiring the ideal set of complementary Grados', when budget permits.

...well; it works for ME; anyway!
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #18 of 24
I wish I could afford one of each - maybe nickrobotron can and then will sell me the one he prefers less so I can try it out!
smily_headphones1.gif

I don't see many MS2is or 325is for sale on the Sale/Trade forum; maybe I will post yet another "WTB M2Si" thread on the forum!

Holly

Jun 15, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh boy.....this is where the favorite Head-Fi comment comes into play: "Sorry about your wallet."

May I suggest that the near-ultimate "obtainable dream" is to have....

....one of EACH!!

I would seriously consider hanging onto the HD580 and researching and acquiring the ideal set of complementary Grados', when budget permits.

...well; it works for ME; anyway!
wink.gif

You are terrible.
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Jun 15, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try some used 225's, then spend the extra money for a used amp.

But I don't need another amp! I'd rather get a used set of MS2is.
tongue.gif

Holly

Jun 16, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by OakIris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I don't need another amp! I'd rather get a used set of MS2is.
tongue.gif

Holly

Yes, I now see you have some very nice amps around. Spend it all on the headphones
rs1smile.gif

Jun 17, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #24 of 24
O.K., so I bought a pair of woodied, recabled MS2i. For the most part, I guess I just can't buy stock headphones, need to have them modded somehow.
wink.gif

I should have my new headphones sometime next week.
biggrin.gif
Thanks to everyone who made recommendations.

Holly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back