Considering multiple IEMs. Need informed opinions.
Dec 18, 2014 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Djinnenjous

500+ Head-Fier
I'm planning on buying a pair of $200-250 IEMs in the near future and after having read multiple reviews of these models I can't quite tell what might work best for me.  I listen to a lot of rock and metal—everything from lo-fi black metal recordings to pristinely recorded prog—but I'm also into electronica, blues, neofolk, and some pop.  I need an all-arounder that is tolerant of sketchy production values but will really breathe life into beautiful recordings.  I'm somewhat prone to treble fatigue with my current IEMs, and since everything I own is U-shaped I'd like to change directions and try something more accurate and linear.

Please vote in the poll and justify your preferences in the comments below.  Thank you in advance for the time you took to respond.

Dec 19, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 2
  I'm planning on buying a pair of $200-250 IEMs in the near future and after having read multiple reviews of these models I can't quite tell what might work best for me.  I listen to a lot of rock and metal—everything from lo-fi black metal recordings to pristinely recorded prog—but I'm also into electronica, blues, neofolk, and some pop.  I need an all-arounder that is tolerant of sketchy production values but will really breathe life into beautiful recordings.  I'm somewhat prone to treble fatigue with my current IEMs, and since everything I own is U-shaped I'd like to change directions and try something more accurate and linear.

Please vote in the poll and justify your preferences in the comments below.  Thank you in advance for the time you took to respond.

The dunu dn1000 is usually considered to be a brighter iem
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/dunu-dn-1000/
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/hifiman-re-400-waterline-and-re-600-songbird-dynamic-ear-monitors-page-2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back