Considering HD650's... will my amp be enough?
May 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #16 of 21
Hmm, after working in shipping and import, while Headroom sells them cheaper you're paying pretty much the same I did in the end. Enjoy your 650s!

And if it matters, I'm with others here when I say that the 650s aren't as picky as many say they are. I'm currently using them out of a Headroom micro (with stock wall wart!) and enjoying the heck out of 'em.

May 17, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 21
I enjoyed HD650 with EF1.

May 18, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #18 of 21
Didn't like the K701 myself a lot in the end, no matter how it was amped.
Some music just didn't come across involving, probably because of something related to the K701 mid bass.
But while amping differently gave different results, the most important thing to the sound was the source to me. (and found the K701 most "musical" with my usb monica NOS DAC, but lost too much detail)
Receiving my HD650 in a few days but I expect thesame, source more important than amp. Hope the HD650 will allow me to enjoy a detailed DAC while also beeing musically involving at thesame time.

May 18, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #20 of 21
I personally think they can coexist so far. It's unfair for me to do any comparisons as of now since the HD650's aren't burned in yet (while K701 has been long burned in), but I'm not sure if the 650s will trump it in the acoustic category... K701 is really good to me for that particular area (string resonance and soundstage), but HD650's are already showing that they're going to do any rock, rap or anything with authority and power MUCH better. All the talk about it being similar to SE530 I find it true as of now, and will probably only get better as time passes. Mids are damn sweet even now.

I'm probably going to wait until my birthday (2 months away) to buy the cables for it though... wallet is hurting too much.
tongue.gif
But that gives me a good time period to evaluate which cables are the best (Equinox, Cardas, APS, etc).

May 18, 2009 at 8:21 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally think they can coexist so far. It's unfair for me to do any comparisons as of now since the HD650's aren't burned in yet (while K701 has been long burned in), but I'm not sure if the 650s will trump it in the acoustic category... K701 is really good to me for that particular area (string resonance and soundstage), but HD650's are already showing that they're going to do any rock, rap or anything with authority and power MUCH better. All the talk about it being similar to SE530 I find it true as of now, and will probably only get better as time passes. Mids are damn sweet even now.

I'm probably going to wait until my birthday (2 months away) to buy the cables for it though... wallet is hurting too much.
tongue.gif
But that gives me a good time period to evaluate which cables are the best (Equinox, Cardas, APS, etc).

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back