Considering going Squeezebox/DA10 to Transporter, any reason why I shouldn't?
May 2, 2008 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
I'm contemplating selling my SB3 & Lavry DA10 and going with the Transporter. I'm been lucky (thanks to Grahame at a meet) of hearing them side-by-side (though with equipment I no longer have). So I'm aware of SQ flavor differences, but I was curious if anyone had any thoughts of other reasons I shouldn't make the switch? The Transporter can still be used as a stand alone DAC (say optical from MacBook) even without a network for rare occasions correct? I wonder if I'd miss the variable output? Hmmm. Any other practical concerns?

Lastly, I'm still confused why Transporter threads are here instead of the computer forum, but in the likelihood because of that more users will be here I'm asking in this forum.

Thanks much in advance.

May 3, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 5
I'd say go for it if you believe the sound quality of the Transporter is better than your Lavry DA10. If you ever decide to upgrade your source you would be able to have a top class transport in the SB3 without having to rebuy one. If you ever had to sell the Transporter you would have to rebuy a SB3 (or you could keep the Transporter and buy a new dac
tongue.gif
..which I assume is more unlikely). Out of curiosity how did you find the SB3 + Lavry vs Transporter?

May 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 5
Lets just say it was under meet conditions which is never ideal. I was able to listen long enough to know which I preferred, but not long enough to really know which was better and state so on a public forum.
wink.gif

May 4, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #4 of 5
I think saying 'under meet condition' gives you the green light to say whatever you want
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back