Considering customs and braces at the same time???
Dec 7, 2007 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fongalv

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

Not sure where else would be a suitable place to post this, so I figured the lounge would be the best place?

I was already in the midst of making an appointment with the audiologist to get my impressions done but a recent bout of persistent jaw pain has been putting me off.

My orthodontist told me that I had an inflamed right jaw, and at the same time recommended braces(for 2 yrs) to correct my type 2 bite. Now, I have had impressions made before for UM56s, and I very well know the procedure to make the impressions with an open jaw. My worry is whether I would lose my fit(with the customs) after my teeth/jaws get realigned.

Can anyone out there using customs and wearing braces at the same time chip in some experiences?

TIA!!!

Dec 8, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #2 of 2
I know my ears moved a bit when I had my braces on, but that was a few years ago, and I don't know whether it would have affected customs had I had them.

How old are you, though? Because if you are sort of normal braces-wearing age, then you are probably a bit young for customs. Not in a "you wouldn't appreciate them" way, but purely because as you grow, your ears change anyway, and if you're still a teenager, you are still going to be growing fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back