Considering a DAC?
Aug 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 8
I don't any for that cheap since I'm a n00bie here, but I'm planning on getting the Zero DAC it's also a pre-amp and amp, but most just use it for it's DAC capabilities. It's an awesome value bargain, but so far everyone I've seen bought them from ebay or from forums here or elsewhere. Here's a review link by Penchum:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...re-amp-269458/

It is over your budget, but just a possibility if you want to buy it since it's a 3 in 1 thing so it'll save you money instead of buying many separate components.

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBlanchard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for around £40-60?

That's a very low budget. You're going to be looking on eBay for something second hand, or increasing it to around £85 for something new.

Zero DAC is very good for the money, IMO.

~Phewl.

Aug 20, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #7 of 8
Since the Audigy should already give you a SPDIF out, the Zero looks like a really good value (haven't heard it, but nobody seems to do anything but praise ot for the money). As the 707, if you get listening fatigue from harsh brightness, avoid it. It's subtle, but there. If you're fine with that kind of sound, it's an awesome value (I can't wholeheartedly recommend it, but mine is not going to be fore sale any time soon).

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Hi. You are the first person I see here with lower budget than me. But why do you need a cheap dac anyway? As for me, I'm saving money for a better one to get a larger increase from my soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back