Connecting your amp to the soundcard...I do not know how to do this.
Jun 26, 2004 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sephka

100+ Head-Fier
Perhaps this is a sad question indeed, but i'm lacking in this knowledge, and searches aren't turning up much. I simply need to know how to connect my amp to my soundcard. Obviously the RCA cables aren't going to comfortably connect in there, so....yeah. Thanks.

(By the way, if anyone has experience with both the M-Audio Revolution and Chaintech, is the M-Audio worth the extra money?)

Jun 26, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #2 of 8
There are adapters that can convert whatever output your sound card provides (whether it's 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch) to RCA, and they're usually available for a few bucks. These can be found at Radio Shack, Guitar Center, etc. There are also interconnects that terminate in 1/4-inch or 1/8-inch plugs on one side and RCA plugs on the other.

Jun 26, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #3 of 8
From what I've hard the AV-710 is on par with, if not a little better than, the M-Audio Revolution and there is no reason to pay the extra for the M-Audio if all you want to do is listen to stereo music (if you need surround sound playback or want to do a little recording on the side then it's a whole different situation).

Jun 29, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sephka
Thanks guys, i figured it would be an adapter.

Actually, I'd think what you want is a cable that is male 1/8" to male RCA. An adapter might be a bit cheaper but a cable would give a better connection. IMHO.

Jun 29, 2004 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDog
Actually, I'd think what you want is a cable that is male 1/8" to male RCA. An adapter might be a bit cheaper but a cable would give a better connection. IMHO.

Definitely go with DevilDog's suggestion. RadioShack makes exactly what you are looking for. I'm using on as I type. Single 1/8 male to double male RCA in a Y-configuration. Cost is minimal, and they offer a variety of lengths. Neat, convenient, and secure.

BW

Jul 16, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Coal
On http://www.headphile.com, is Mini equal to 1/8?

-Steve

Yep, Mini and 1/8 are the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back