Connecting Toshiba qosmio notebook to Yamaha pianocraft - HELP!
Sep 6, 2007 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

eternality.pl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

I wanted to do sth like connecting my Toshiba Qosmio laptop (via optical cabe) to Yamaha Pianocraft soundsystem, to make something nice enough sounding for my 20m2 room

Is there a way to omitt the build in card in my qosmio laptop - Some kind of HD Sigmatel audio, but I think it's ********- and play the music from my laptop (flacs) straight to pianocraft's amplifier ?? I simply want a way to transfer the music data untouched by the inernal laptop sound card, I want it to be processed by the Pianocraft itself

Is such thing possible ??

I wanted to buy a better soundcard (expresscard preffered) but recently I found out that my qosmio has got an SP/DIF (optical out) built in in its headphone out So is it possible just to transfer music 'untouched' to Yamaha pianocraft via this built in optical out ?? what cable do I need ??

I hope I made myself understandable, I'm a total newbie in home sound department (until now i used only portable equipment)

Thanks for your help and sorry for my incoherent English

Cheers,

Andrew

Sep 6, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi
I wanted to buy a better soundcard (expresscard preffered) but recently I found out that my qosmio has got an SP/DIF (optical out) built in in its headphone out So is it possible just to transfer music 'untouched' to Yamaha pianocraft via this built in optical out ?? what cable do I need ??

If it got optical S/PDIF you'll need a optical S/PDIF cable, pretty easy huh
wink.gif

Might need to search for the name "3.5mm TOSLINK" though. (since it uses the 3.5mm jack)

IMG20A.JPG

Like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back