Connecting the HD650 to the Yulong single 4 pole female headphone connector
Nov 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Yahoe

New Head-Fier
So I got my new Yulong Sabre A18 and it offers a 4 pole XLR out for the headphones. I'd be willing to try MY HD650 on that very connection but don't want to buy a XLR to Sennheiser new cable set.
I do not seem to find any proper adapter or ready made cable for that matter. Any recommendations?

Nov 10, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 5
I think using an adapter like you are looking for would NOT be balanced, . What I would do is convert that stock cable into balanced by cutting off the 1/4 plug and soldering in a XLR like this http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/464144-REG/Neutrik_NC4MX_NC4MX_4_Pin_Male_XLR.html
That would be a true balanced cable and its really cheap to do.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks but I'm not equipped for soldering nor have I done any in ages. The HD650 balanced cables I've found have to xlr connectors, one per side, the Yulong A18 a a sole female 4 pole XLR headphones out (yes there is also a 1/4 but that's not what I'm trying to use here).

Nov 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #4 of 5
You are going to have to buy a cable if you want to use the XLR(balanced). The adapter you want doesnt exist(or at least isnt popular) AFAIK because it wouldn't actually be converting the signal to balanced but rather just allow you to use a single ended cable through a 4-pin plug(not the same). The stock hd650 has 4 wires that go to 3 places, one for each the left and right and two go to ground. With a balanced cable you still have 4 wires but they each have their own specific location (left +&- and right +&-).

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #5 of 5
You are going to have to buy a cable if you want to use the XLR(balanced). The adapter you want doesnt exist(or at least isnt popular) AFAIK because it wouldn't actually be converting the signal to balanced but rather just allow you to use a single ended cable through a 4-pin plug(not the same). The stock hd650 has 4 wires that go to 3 places, one for each the left and right and two go to ground. With a balanced cable you still have 4 wires but they each have their own specific location (left +&- and right +&-).

That clears it up. Thanks!
It would be a cable like this one then:
http://tamaudio.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_48&product_id=124
Does anyone know of any alternative, how they compare?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back