Connecting the FiioE17 to a PS4
Feb 4, 2015 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CannonCollector

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Fiio E17 and I'm thinking of getting a ps4 in the near future, but since I like to be have good sound with my games, I wanted to ask for some help...

Using a fiio DAC through USB on the ps4 is obviously not possible, but what about if I use an optical cable to connect the fiio to the ps4? Will that work.. Some people say it works and it's a good setup if you got nice cans for it... but I never connected anything through an optical cable to the Fiio so I would apreciate some help regarding this

Feb 4, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 4
I've been running a similar setup but on Xbox. Just run the optical out of the PS4 to the S/PDIF in of the E17, then run your headphones from the e17 like normal. You'll probably still want to run a usb cable to power the e17 if you plan on long gaming sessions, but overall it's fairly easy to set up. Just use the 'OPT' input on your e17.

This is what the cable will look like...

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks good to hear that, can you just confirm something please...by using an optical cable the mic wont work right? It's not something that matters to me just wanting to confirm if that's right.

And one other thing, using this method will the e17 work as an amp/dac, just a dac or just an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back