Connecting PC to Desktop and Headphone Amplifier
Mar 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BenXiaoHai

New Head-Fier
I am hoping to get some help regarding my desktop setup. Currently I am running a PC with line out to my speakers or headphones. Everytime I want to change the output, I need to remove the cable from the speaker, then plug in my headphones, or vice versa. I was wondering if there was a more elegant solution, ie a 3.5mm splitter with a switch? I see a lot of switchers which work for multiple input and single output. Is there a device which supports single input and multiple output? I wouldn't want to use a simple splitter because that would degrade the sound, from what I read.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mar 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 2
Check if Radioshack still has any of those, not sure what they're called though. If you're plugging the headphones directly into the soundcard, then instead of (IIRC) spending $50 or so on the switcher you can just get an external DAC-HPamp. That way you can just change the output device on Windows to use the speakers with the soundcard then switch over to USB for the headphone.

If what you're plugging them into isn't a surround soundcard, then you can look into a DAC-HPamp that has a line out for the speaker, like the Fiio E10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back