Connecting my Sennheiser's to my TV...
Jan 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

stonec

New Head-Fier
I recently purchased HD 598 Sennheiser Headphones. I own a TC-P42X1 Panasonic Plasma TV. I did not check and was foolishly unaware that my TV does not have a audio jack for me to be able to plug in these headphones. The headphones have a 6.3mm Stereo Jack at the end of the cord but do come with a 3.5mm Adapter (if this is at all helpful.) I'm looking for the most straightforward resolution to this dilemma. I tried a Y-Adapter (2 Male Connectors to 1 Female RCA Jack) with no success. I tried everything while using this Y-Adapter in case I was doing something wrong or plugging it into the wrong Composite Terminal. Would a Headphone Amplifier be the answer? Please Help!

-Carl

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #2 of 4
I see a TOSLINK audio out, but no other way of getting the audio out of the TV.  Perhaps post a picture of the back of the TV for us?

If the TOSLINK is truly all the TV has you are going to have to run a TOSLINK cable from it to a DAC be in one on a receiver or some other type of DAC.

You can read a bit more about them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK

Some TOSLINK converters ( DAC units ) may not work the with the newest TVs sets so be sure to ask the manufacturer before you commit to a piece of gear.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 4
does it have an RCA jacks at the back? maybe you can get an rca to 3.5mm plug to plug it using your amplifier/porta amp then connect to your headphone

* i didnt check the model of the TV xD

Jan 18, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Okay so I've been doing hours of research and have only become more confused as to what exactly I need.
I would like to use my HD 598 Sennheiser Headphones to watch TV (Cable) and also Blu-Ray via PS3 on my TC-P42X1 Panasonic Plasma. My TV has no Audio Out components, only a Optical Digital Out. I would need one of the following. Which one though, I'm not sure...
- Digital Audio To Analog Audio Converter
- FiiO E17 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
I have also read a lot warning about Dolby Digital and something not working, what I'm unsure of though... But I "think" this doesn't includ my TV. I didn't see anything in reference to Dolby Digital in my TV user manual. But, I am not completely sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back