Connecting multiple speakers?
May 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SMOR3S

100+ Head-Fier
I am wanting to connect multiple speakers to one lead/sound unit... I have 2x 8 Ohm Philip speakers... These come with 1 tweeter, and 1 bass speaker each. The other speakers I have are 2x 6 Ohm sonys, and these also come with 1 tweeter, and 1 bass speaker each... I am using the bass speakers from each, and I was curious to see if I can solder them to a 1/4 connector then convert that to a 3.5mm from a connector.. I don't think the speakers need amp, cause they are such low resistance/impedance.

Is it possible to do this, or would I have to get some sort of an audio receiver? I thought about just stripping the sound mechanism from my stereo, cause it has 4 input leads for speakers anyways, and then mod it so I can mount it in my... erm... project...

If viewers here are Bronies... well erm.... ya... this involves speakers, and erm..... a dishwasher... :/ ya....

*EDIT* Just an update, I am using now only 2x Sony 6 Ohm Bass Speakers, and a Sony Home Theater Subwoofer... Do you think I will be a small 100W amp?

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #2 of 6
Err the impedence is irrelevant as long as they are passives they will need an amp to drive them 
blink.gif
 That said i would just fish out a cheap DD/DTS coax/optical AVR (4-8 years ago model) from places like Craiglist, Gumtree, etc

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #4 of 6
blink.gif

you need an amp for speakers, you can't run speakers of a line out (a 3.5mm jack).

if you want to split a line out signal to two different amps you can. Buy a splitter lead or use soldering iron.

Jun 1, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
blink.gif

you need an amp for speakers, you can't run speakers of a line out (a 3.5mm jack).

if you want to split a line out signal to two different amps you can. Buy a splitter lead or use soldering iron.

/)^ɛ^(\ this is the correct information I needed.... Now all I need is to pick what amp to get :/ hmmm... any suggestions? Not the most knowledgeable on amps, if you couldn't tell already :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back