Connecting ipod to hifi
Jun 4, 2005 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Divad1

100+ Head-Fier
I live in the UK and would like a cheap (ish) product to connect my ipod to the hifi but I dont have an ipod dock. Ive heard something about sik din but do they come with the cable to connect to hifi or do I need to buy one separately? Also does anybody use sendstation with line out which already comes with a cable? Would like to know what products people use on here as you usually know best and can comment with experience on sound quality. Btw I dont have a $15000 speaker set or anything so I dont need anything super special. Thanks in advance, Dave.

Jun 4, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #2 of 3
I've got a sik ram din that includes a cable to plug into the amp. There are also sik din's that you can add your own cable to.

The sendstation pocketdock is large and only has the plug at the bottom, which you can use your own cable with. I believe moon audio sells the pocketdock with a high quality cable incorporated into the pocketdock (bypassing the crappy socket and giving you a good cable) for about $70.

I think the sik ram din is perfectly sufficient for me. Most good mini-to-minis are thick and not pliable, making it more difficult to use portably. I just stick mine in my pocket, so this works better.

If you are only using it at home, I'd get a pocketdock with a high quality mini-mini, or get the moon audio version. That will probably give you the best quality.

If you need mini-rca, though, I wouldn't get the moon audio one, obviously (unless you contact them and they make it for you).

These are the websites, if you don't know them.
http://www.sik.com/products.php
http://www.sendstation.com/

Jun 4, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 3
I would recommend a Sik product too. I went with the sik din and I'm quite happy with it, but the ram might be perfect for you.

I got mine from the a UK-dealer called ipodstyle.co.uk and found their service to be pretty good. There are other dealers too, though. iPodStyle only had have the imp version (for cars. The one I have) listed currently, for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back