Connecting headphones direct to speaker output terminals - any issues?
Sep 30, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #16 of 21
I've finished the 'adapter cables' and am listening to the K340s straight through the Cyrus now. Very Nice-sounding and much more authoritative than I heard previously.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice and cheers, guys!

Sep 30, 2007 at 10:00 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've finished the 'adapter cables' and am listening to the K340s straight through the Cyrus now. Very Nice-sounding and much more authoritative than I heard previously.
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice and cheers, guys!

Nice!
biggrin.gif

The Cyrus is a quite powerful, for driving headphones that is. So no shock that have the K340 under tight control. Enjoy...

Sep 30, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #18 of 21
Hmm... looks like I can hear some hiss in the background. I'm going to have to give the resistor idea in that link a try. Are there any more examples or rule of thumbs to follow? Reading through the guide in that link, it seems they are using the assumptions the headphone is of comparably low impedance (which would pick hiss even more easily than the 400 Ohm K340) and the power amp rating a behemoth 200-300W. I have a different set of situation.

Cheers!

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... looks like I can hear some hiss in the background. I'm going to have to give the resistor idea in that link a try. Are there any more examples or rule of thumbs to follow? Reading through the guide in that link, it seems they are using the assumptions the headphone is of comparably low impedance (which would pick hiss even more easily than the 400 Ohm K340) and the power amp rating a behemoth 200-300W. I have a different set of situation.

Cheers!

Use Google search on connecting headphone to a speaker amp and see what you get.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #20 of 21
Sorry to hear about the background hiss. Mine had a dead Black background driven with the Zamp. I'm sure you'll resolve the issue though.
Post some pics of your custom connectors!

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #21 of 21
Obligatory pictures:
DSCN1464.JPG

DSCN1465.JPG

DSCN1475.JPG

As you will have noticed, the cables act both as adapters as well as extension cables (as the Cyrus is some distance away from where I sit). The 'banana leaf' plugs also allow for connections with BFA terminals (which Cyrus and Arcam amps utilize). As for the resistor idea, I'm going to have to wait until another weekend when I have the spare time to do this. It's also public holiday today so there is nowhere I can buy the resistors anyway. Perfect time to just sit back and enjoy some tunes.
340smile.gif

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back