Connecting Fiio X5 to head phone amplifier
Jun 2, 2015 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jordinario

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm planning to buy the Fiio X5 as a replacement for my IPOD(160 GB). But I still want to connect the Fiio X5 to my headphone amplifier(LISA TRIAD AUDIO) , this amplifier is using the RCA connector and works great when I connect it to IPOD dock connector.  They said that if you are using a good headphone amplifier always use the unamplified source of sounds.  For  IPOD the source of unamplified sound is the dock connector.

For Fiio X5, what is the best way to connect this  to head phone amplifier that have an RCA connector?

Jun 2, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 6
  I'm planning to buy the Fiio X5 as a replacement for my IPOD(160 GB). But I still want to connect the Fiio X5 to my headphone amplifier(LISA TRIAD AUDIO) , this amplifier is using the RCA connector and works great when I connect it to IPOD dock connector.  They said that if you are using a good headphone amplifier always use the unamplified source of sounds.  For  IPOD the source of unamplified sound is the dock connector.
For Fiio X5, what is the best way to connect this  to head phone amplifier that have an RCA connector?

I would assume the FiiO X5 comes with a setting that changes the headphone jack into a line-output jack (I know the FiiO X1 does).

Use this 3.5mm to RCA cable ($1.88 plus shipping) to connect the X5 to the Lisa Triad Audio.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 6

I would assume the FiiO X5 comes with a setting that changes the headphone jack into a line-output jack (I know the FiiO X1 does).

Use this 3.5mm to RCA cable ($1.88 plus shipping) to connect the X5 to the Lisa Triad Audio.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2

X5 comes with a dedicated Line-output.
  Hi,

You can keep your ipod with you and buy a good desktop dac to pair with your amp. ipods are good in general. So for X5's price you can  buy a much better dac/amp setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back