connecting digital speakers to my nuforce HDP somehow?
Feb 25, 2012 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Namkung

Head-Fier
Hello. I have recently purchased the nuforce icon hdp which I will be connecting to computer via USB to listen to music from my computer most of the time. I do however have digital speakers (logitech z4i to be specific) and would like to have that connected to something so that if I want, I could play sound through the speakers instead of my headphones from time to time. As you can imagine.. the problem is that the z4i is a digital speaker and therefore you cannot really connect it to the HDP. I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to the RCA cables but would a mini to RCA cable do the trick and allow my speakers to connect to the RCA outputs at the back of the HDP? Or.. would the speaker work if I just connected it directly to the headphone jack at the front? Thanks! I realize that whatever the case, the quality probably won't be very good and that's fine. If I am listening to audio through the speakers and not my headphones, then I won't be caring about the quality.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Feb 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 2
Get the right cables and you're good to go.  The logitechs should have either RCA or minijack inputs.  Connect those to the RCA outs on your Nuforce HDP and you're good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back