connecting BX5a
Aug 4, 2010 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

yoyo59

100+ Head-Fier
im still waiting for the stx to arrive, in the time being could anyone shed some light on what cables id need to connect the speakers to the STX, THANKS!

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #2 of 16

You want a cable like this. The smaller connectors, RCA males, connect to your soundcard's line-out and the other ones, TRS, connect to your nearfields.

The BX5a's also take XLR input but since STX's line-out is RCA and thus unbalanced, no real point using XLR.

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 16
thanks, also whats the difference between unbalanced and balanced? am i sacraficing SQ?

also i opened my pc up today just to check where I would put the soundcard and I seen  RF in slot, it looks like if i did fit the soundcard it i'd be crampt next to the rf in card , do you think i could take that out and leave it out without causing harm? because i want the soundcard to not be next to anything close, thanks

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #4 of 16
to be fair i cant find any good quality cables from uk sites or ebay xlr or even trs to rca

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 16

Quote:
to be fair i cant find any good quality cables from uk sites or ebay xlr or even trs to rca

Monoprice is extremely cheap, and good quality - anything more expensive is just a waste of money.
They will ship to UK, but expect shipping price to be dumb. Customs will probably delay the shipment a few weeks, and probably try to charge customs duty on you too.

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 16

A pedant writes.

A 'mono' 1/4" jack as shown in post #2 is known as a TS jack. Tip & Sleeve.

A 'stereo' 1/4" jack is the genuine article. See above.

Advice is good though. 

I like Sommer cable and Neutrik plugs.

one j q

Aug 5, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 16
ok i payed an extra 10 pound to get it next day delivery.. waited in all day yesterday nothing... arrived just this morning.. and they sent me the ST not STX.. i've just opened a claim agianst them on paypal so pissed off, its a offical website but i payed through paypal luckily.

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #12 of 16
what im going to be using the card for is , listening to music with SEN HD 595 and playin music throught bx5as, i dont play games etc so thats all i will be using foobar with lossless if some1 could give me some quick decision makers in the next 20 mins because i can order a stx and it'll arrive tomorrow if i order within 20-30mins, ty!  p.s i got the st right now in my room unopened

Aug 5, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #14 of 16
so tempted to open this ST! help me ouuuuuuuuut!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back