Connecting amp, dac and related questions
Oct 13, 2021 at 10:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kochoop

New Head-Fier
Hi. I am living in China and have great access to Topping, singxer and smsl etc.
Been looking at topping A90, singxer sa-1 and smsl sp-400.

I have a couple of headphones like Hifiman ananda, arya and might get a pair of hd800 later on in the future.

It started with me looking at topping a30pro and d30pro and then later escalated as it usually does when you think you can find something better for a few hundred more.
It ended up with me most likely choosing A90 and I will connect to to a chord mojo(just to test) and my chord hugo 1.
The Hugo I bought(used) didnt come with any cables. How do I go about connecting the amp+hugo together and then how do i connect it to my computer. What cables do I need to get?

My reasoning behind wanting to get the A90 is because im looking into also getting a pair of passive speakers and without knowing much about amps I think the a90 is more suitable because it is much heavier in weight than the other two ive been looking into.

Appreciate your replies.
Thanks

Oct 22, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Does your computer have optical out? That would easy to setup as you buy an optical cable and run that from your PC to the Hugo. Then run the RCA outputs from the Hugo to your RCA inputs on the amp. Done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back