Connecting a Zen to a Stereo ?
Dec 14, 2004 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Loony tunes

New Head-Fier
Is there any leads avaliable that allow you to connect a zen micro to my hi-fi ?(im in the uk)

Ive had a look around and cant see anything

is there such a thing as headphone out to optical in ?

thanx

Dec 14, 2004 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 6
The is no line out (optical) on the Zen Micro. The only thing is the headphone out. You’ll have to use that to connect to your stereo. You generally need a “Y” adaptor that looks like this:

42-2551.jpg

Connect the single plug to your Zen Micro headphone jack and the L/R to the AUX of your stereo receiver and you should be all set. Even though it’s not a line out, the sound should still be good.

tongue.gif

Dec 14, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #3 of 6
In my experience, you have to turn up the volume *a lot* to hear anything at decent volume when going from the headphone out into a line in. YMMV, of course.

Dec 28, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #4 of 6
Sorry for the topic dredge but are there any devices to compensate for the headphone out to a line in? I too want to connect my Zen to my Denon receiver..

Are my only options a Y adapter?

Dec 28, 2005 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Run it at about 90-95% volume on the Zen - it should sound fine with a y adaptor.

Thats how I do it. Sounds great though a decent HiFi or stereo. Try an iPod though the same route and you hear a big difference. Obviously you'd use the line out on an iPod...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back