Connecting a DAP to desktop DAC Amp/Amp ?
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

melons

100+ Head-Fier
Hi
Haven't posted for quite sometime all due to the knowledge of Headfi leading me to buy a portable set up that I'm still loving.

Started off with an Astell & Kern AK70 Dap with Campfire Audio Andromeda and Forza balanced cable. After a while I upgraded to the AK SR25 - Still happy.

But I did separately (at the same time) buy a desktop set up to work with the Dap - this didn't go well and has spent most it's time collecting dust on the book shelf - I find the sound unengaging and thin. The components consist of an iFi idsd black label battery powered dac/amp and a pair of Sennheiser HD660S (Old & Irish).

A bit of a leap but I'm guessing I don't get on with the iFi House sound so want to buy a replacement desktop amp or dac/amp (thinking of the Fiio K11 as a starter - though not sure it's powerful enough)

My question is (if you're still reading :) )...my Dap only has a usb c connection for digital transfer but most Dac/amps don't accept this connection (though the Fiio K11 does - hence my naive eagerness), so how do I link my AK to a desktop amp which doesn't have a usb c port?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #2 of 4
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back