Connect RME DIGI96/8 Pro with Lavry DA10 via XLR (AES/EBU)
Jul 26, 2007 at 7:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

fukunchn

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone, I play APE Files via foobar2000 or Winamp in Windows Media Center Edition 2005. Now I want use RME DIGI96/8 Pro to DA10 via XLR AES/EBU and connect with my HIFI System. I have installed the latest driver for DIGI96. Can someone tell me how to set up the DIGI96 and DA10? Would appreciate for any help.

set_968p.gif

Jul 27, 2007 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Hmm, that's a little confusing. First, try setting Input to XLR. If that doesn't solve the problem, try setting Output to Automatic.

My theory is: Output is outputting Input and Input is set to Optical. As you can see at the bottom of the screen, it says that it's using ADAT (optical) for both input and output. So, changing Input to XLR may fix it.

Jul 27, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Be advised that I use a RME HDSP9632 under Linux/ALSA but your card may require a similar procedure as the 9632 to route digital output via AES/EBU.

Have a correct breakout cable for SPDIF/AES attached to 9-pin D-type connector. The Settings control panel in your OP is used to control analog settings on the card and not used for SPDIF/AES.

Bring up the HDSPMixer or whatever software RME gives you to control Input, Output & Playback channels. Make sure the playback channels foobar outputs to (such as Out 1 and Out 2) have their routing enabled to include SPDIF in the routing field check box. Raise the level on SP L and SP R in the output mixer.

That should do it.

Jul 27, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 4
You don't need to do any special setup of the card, just leave those settings alone. One benefit of these RME cards is that they send the sound to all outputs simultaneously, AES, coax, toslink, and analog. All you need is the appropriate cable and/or adapter. Set the Lavry to AES input, and you should be good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back