connect ps3 to amplifier headphone?
Feb 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks for responding, yes I have that cable but I wanted a good analog connection, and I understand that the best is RCA to RCA, I wanted to connect a headphone amplifier mapletree or v8, this has the same quality AV connection out?with RCA-RCA,know any company that manufactures cables av out the high quality like makes audioquest with RCA-RCA.thanks again

Feb 26, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 10
not sure what you're specifically wanting...

if your amp has RCA inputs any PS3 cable with RCA audio will do
if your amp is more of a portable type that only has 1/8" input then something like this would be needed in addition to the PS3 AV cable

funny... i just realized the product id for that adapter is 666

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Internal DAC on PS3 is probably meh so I'd use digital out to a DAC & headphone amp.

we r talkin bout Cell Broadband Engine, state of the art processor... all audio on Sony PlayStation 3 is processed by Cell, no DAC sorry [x itz called This is Living xD

Jul 5, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 10
A while back, I had to store my system away and was forced to use the PS3 as a music player. I hope I never have to do that again; it's a very sub par performer. Use an outboard DAC if you can swing it.

If not though, the included composite and the optional component cables will give you what you need.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:19 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by F3nNec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we r talkin bout Cell Broadband Engine, state of the art processor... all audio on Sony PlayStation 3 is processed by Cell, no DAC sorry [x itz called This is Living xD

Are you sure the Cell processor handle the digital to analog conversion, and not a dedicated chip?

Jul 5, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 10
if you have a ps2, rip the cord with rca on the end out, and plug it into the back of the ps3. select audio to come out of that hole, and plug the audio RCAs (left and right) into your amplifier.
It doesnt sound good, but it works

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure the Cell processor handle the digital to analog conversion, and not a dedicated chip?

yeah im shur, Cell Broadband Engine is perfect for everything u ken imagine... Sony PlayStation 3 haz state of the art hardware, above nowadays standards (same like previous Sony PlayStations @ th@ time) if theres sumtin th@ Sony PlayStation 3 kent handle, its in software, not in hardware (its getting better n better with system firmware upgrades (;

Users who are viewing this thread

Back