Congratulations NY Giants
Feb 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #46 of 71
I just read on Yahoo! that the Patriots coach ran across the field to shake hands with 0:01 remaining, then retreated into the locker room. Then the fans started to rush the field before the game was officially over.

That was indeed very un-sportsmanship like of him, but on the other hand, one knows that he was under a lot of public and self pressure to earn a perfect record for the season...I kinda feel sorry for him, but a good game is a good game.

Feb 4, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #47 of 71
Congratulations!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 9:09 AM Post #48 of 71
Hooray for the G-Men!! The Pat's thought they had the Game won before kick-off. Football is life. Never quit, never surrender and never say die. And believe, victory will follow.

Feb 4, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #51 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lectorcito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the first time in my life I've seen a Super Bowl. Man, I can't wait for the second.
biggrin.gif

Congrats, Giants!

this was quite a super bowl to be your first. The manning family is just spiting out champions. This is probably the best super bowl I have ever watched.

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #54 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by walls /img/forum/go_quote.gif
patssuck.jpg

I don't think the faults lies in Brady. His offensive line failed him. Did you see when his line hold up, he move the ball quick enough to score a touchdown.

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:19 PM Post #55 of 71
The Giants won the 2 best Super Bowls; XXV and XLII.

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #56 of 71
I hope that this win does not mean more Payton and Eli commercials, but I suppose it will.

Anyone who watches ESPN as much as I do is not looking forward to more Manning commercials.

After Eli's win yesterday, IMO, Peyton has a hill to climb. Anyone who won the AFC last year could have beat the Bears, but it took a great QB to beat the Pats.

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #58 of 71
Yep, that Manning to Tyree play will enter the NFL pantheon. We'll tell our kids we watched that live someday. That incredible moment sealed the deal for me. No way were the Giant's going to lose. The stench of destiny dripped all over the thing.

Many will make that the Pats choked. They did from coach on down. However, NY didn't play a perfect game either and still won despite popular opinion that a flawless performance was required. Here's to the Giants, who overcame four opponents in a row, on the road...talk about earning a trophy; very well done.

Feb 4, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #59 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by RYCeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think the faults lies in Brady. His offensive line failed him. Did you see when his line hold up, he move the ball quick enough to score a touchdown.

good analysis. i've thought that the most underrated aspect of the pats this season was the offensive line. brady was able to throw in a nice pocket all season long...add great receivers like moss and welker (and stallworth), half the quarterbacks in the nfl would have great numbers, too. i do give brady credit for his low interception totals, though. but don't give him time and you see what happens to quarterbacks in the nfl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back