Congrats to Jeff Gordon and Hendrick Motorsports
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cswann1

Headphoneus Supremus
Finally, after 47 starts Jeff got back into victory lane today AND he got it in his fist win at Texas Motor Speedway in 17 tries!! Monumental team effort.
And also congrats to teammate Jimmy Johnson for the one-two finish for Hendrick.

[size=large]Way to go!![/size]

[size=xx-small]NASCAR: It's not just for rednecks anymore.[/size]

Apr 5, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 11
Shake+n+Bake.jpg

Shake! And! Bake!

Apr 5, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 11
They still allow start and parks in Nascar. Kinda makes a mockery of it all imho.

F1 looks like it could be interesting this year, has been so far. Button winning 2 in a row?? who'd have thought that!

Apr 5, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTCC

YouTube - British Touring Car Championship 2005

I wonder if they've been released on DVD?

Those cars a super-cute
wink.gif

Good racing though.

Also....I don't think start-and-park teams make a mockery of the sport, but I do think they should not be allowed.

Apr 6, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #8 of 11
My favorite thing about NASCAR would be Fox's coverage. First, Waltrip has cracked me up to countless times, "that car is bad fast." The gopher cam is cute too, plus the sound deal they do is a ton o' fun with 5.1. If they somehow shortened that mammoth schedule or at least sandwiched it between football seasons, I might actually follow it through some year.

Apr 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My favorite thing about NASCAR would be Fox's coverage. First, Waltrip has cracked me up to countless times, "that car is bad fast." The gopher cam is cute too, plus the sound deal they do is a ton o' fun with 5.1. If they somehow shortened that mammoth schedule or at least sandwiched it between football seasons, I might actually follow it through some year.

I love the fact that the racing season is as long as it is. It really gives a team who might have had a rocky start time to get it together and make a successful year. You see it all the time. Also, the other side of that coin applies. Sometimes a race team will come out swinging and peter-out after a half-dozen races. It's all about getting every point you can, every week and staying focused and competitive for the long haul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back