congrats Ray!
Aug 14, 2008 at 11:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

john_deere_boy

100+ Head-Fier
Congratulations to Ray Samuels for the fine review of the Predator headphone amp in the September 2008 issue of Stereophile magazine. Keep up the good work.

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 20
Congratulations!
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 20
Sam Tellig ? Good lord get someone that has hearing above 10K and below 100 Hz..Stereophile...please PLEASE !!!!! Just kidding... Sam will rave about the Apache, I'm almost 100% sure (that is if his wifes shows him the right way to wear headphones)
tongue.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats Ray on the recognition even if it's a little late in the "mainstream world of so called Hi End" ...
biggrin.gif

Peete.

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 20
Nice piece by Sam Tellig...enjoyed reading it a great deal.

Though I must confess, it threw me for a loop when Sam referred to Ray as a cool, calm guy. Are we talking about the SAME Ray Samuels?
biggrin.gif

I had a chance to do a quick tour of Ray's production facility not too long ago. The one thing that has always impressed me about the man is how much pride he takes in products he produces. He was obviously very proud of the work he does there.

He's just as passionate about music and this hobby of ours (whatever you want to call it), and has been a great friend to this site. Good guy too...glad to see him doing so well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #10 of 20
Congratulations, Ray! I thought Wes Phillips usually wrote the headphone reviews--nice that other Stereophile writers are becoming involved in the world of headfi.

Aug 17, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I gotta go search for the review - if I find it I'll post it here.

Yes, if you find the review online, please post it. I couldn't locate it.

Aug 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #13 of 20
Go to Zinio | Home | Digital Magazines and you can buy a whole year of digital downloaded Stereophile for $6.50, starting with Aug 2008 through Aug 2009. When Sept is available it will automatically download via the Zinio download manager.

Or, go to the store to buy a copy
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:24 AM Post #15 of 20
Congrats Ray on a great review! I just wish I could get a copy of the mag!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back