Congrats, coolvij! (moved thread ;) )
May 21, 2002 at 8:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

MacDEF

Headphone Hussy (will wear anything if it sounds good)
Since we were crapping on john_jcb's Coltrane thread, I decided to move the congrats to here
smily_headphones1.gif

Original posts:

Quote:

Originally posted by MacDEF
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
Oh, and I have to say - I'm goin to IMSA......I'm goin to IMSA, lalalala...........

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Woohoo!!! Congrats, coolvij!!! So you decided to go, eh? Good for you.

Last time I was back there I was amazed at how much they've improved the facilities. Really amazing stuff there now.

Best of luck to you!

Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij

Oh, and I have to say - I'm goin to IMSA......I'm goin to IMSA, lalalala...........

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats man,My Daughter wanted to go there,and we went for the campus visit(I was impressed,she wasn't) but she decided on Chicago Lab.Again,congrats and make the most of this opportunity.

May 21, 2002 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 28
Thanks, guys......

(blushes)

I'm just kind of apprehensive....healthy fear, I'd say.

I mean, leaving home at eight grade.....(I'm skipping ninth....).....

craziness.

Oh well, I hope to have fun, and I'm sure I will.......

Thanks, MacDef........IMSA Alum/GOD-LIKE ROLE MODEL
biggrin.gif

Thanks, DanG.......beirut player of god
biggrin.gif

Thanks RickG.......man with the great icons......
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 28
Thanx, tubey, too! Can't forget u, now............

How's your daughter liking Chicago Lab?

May 22, 2002 at 12:47 AM Post #7 of 28
Whats IMSA? Institute for Massivly Sane Audiophiles??

If so, I'm out.

May 22, 2002 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 28
I'm guessing that it is this. If it is, congradulations.

Moving out is a bit odd at first, but I found that you make a lot of friends very quickly, and right now I couldn't imagine being at home for school.

May 22, 2002 at 9:12 AM Post #10 of 28
coolvij, good luck on your placement tests
biggrin.gif
(I saw on the calendar that you take them at the end of the month?)

It's definitely strange to leave home at such a young age, but I think your parents will have a much harder time adjusting than you will -- most don't like to see their kids leave home *after* high school, let alone before!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2002 at 10:22 AM Post #11 of 28
Just to comment on leaving home early. I left for boarding school when I was 15, and I can say it was one of the best decisions I ever made. You are already mature for your age, and this will only make you more so. It gives you such a great sense of independence. You will learn how to take care of yourself very early, which is a great gift. When you get to college, you will find that you are light years ahead of everyone else. Congratulations on your genius status. You make us proud. If you want any advice on boarding school life (how to hide liquor and cigarettes etc. (kidding)), feel free to talk to me.
Stu

May 22, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
You are already mature for your age, and this will only make you more so.

Very true. The only thing to remember is that just because YOU'RE very mature for your age, coolvij, you can't always assume that everyone else will be
wink.gif
frown.gif

May 23, 2002 at 2:24 AM Post #13 of 28
I know a guy who graduated from IMSA -- he's now a gay English major. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.
wink.gif

But anyway, congrats, coolvij. Have fun and learn something maybe!

kerelybonto

May 23, 2002 at 9:20 PM Post #15 of 28
Let me offer my congratulations, Vijay.......I have no doubt that the experience will be wonderful. You've accomplished a great deal......and will continue to do so. Best of luck!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back