Confused on Walkman series :s
Dec 13, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 21
The sony has better sound quality and gives you a much better starting headphone.
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by diab0lik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
s series has best sq.

Are you sure ?
Ok, iPod is worse than Walkman, but what about Zen X-Fi or iRiver ?

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by diab0lik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
s series has best sq.

heresy!

the fuze is a better player

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #10 of 21
the best SQ should be Sony S73x or S63X model, with/ without eq they are stil one step forward to the compatitors..

of coz also a step higher then Sony A series model..

sony Walkman product not wellknown in europe country.. bty they just too expensive and defeated in lookslook design & too limitation file format(no FLAC and APE) and player storage.

Dec 21, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by musictang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the best SQ should be Sony S73x or S63X model, with/ without eq they are stil one step forward to the compatitors..

of coz also a step higher then Sony A series model..

I didn't think so. I had the S639 and thought it sounded really good, but to my ears, it wasn't a step ahead of the A series at all. I have the A808 and A829, and the S639 sounded so similar to my A808 that I returned it a day later. Most of the later Sony daps have equally good sq, the differences are so marginal that I can't see anyone being disappointed with the later models, especially if they like the Sony sound in the first place.

Dec 21, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think so. I had the S639 and thought it sounded really good, but to my ears, it wasn't a step ahead of the A series at all. I have the A808 and A829, and the S639 sounded so similar to my A808 that I returned it a day later. Most of the later Sony daps have equally good sq, the differences are so marginal that I can't see anyone being disappointed with the later models, especially if they like the Sony sound in the first place.

hi,Soozieq
i went Sonystyle times and make a serius comparison to test the best with the same headset(MDR-EX90)

finally the best sound come to my taste :

S73X > A82X > E43X > NWD E02X(stick) > NZW B13X(stick)

S73X sound : cystal clean&clear,tight(mid-bass), EQ pull to highest and lowest changes of EQ sounds abit more "accepatble stabality" to A82X,

A8sx sound more heavy on low(bass) and hissy abit when EQ put high with high vol...

E43x max sound only 60-70% of S and A series level...soundquality one more step lower.................

of coz different ppl may ended differnt QS for the sound... coz the differ between S and A but very much..

rcently audition with W3,then all my sony headpone abt put ti storeroom once my W3 arrived...

Dec 21, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.J /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And do you prefer the SQ of iPod Nano 3G over Sony ?

Thanks !

the audiopiles shop sales man told me that Ipod SQ is consider 2nd rank level, inferior to the most superior player from Sony,samsung, fuze....

i listened minutes to ipod nano and give it up, it no worth for me to the level "to compare" with others...

sorry to the nano users, it is just my "personal QS standard" view of point only,
for majority in the world are listen to apple product right! so u can just ignore my view of point..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back