Confused newbie needs your help.
Mar 8, 2006 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SundaSinner

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of AKG K701's and have a cordia aria on order..This setup is mostly for gaming with the xbox 360.It offers analog and digital outputs.I dont know much about digital.The cordia aria only has a usb for digital in.Here's where im confused.Does it matter if I use digital or analog with headphones seeing as I only get 2 channels with headphones?The xbox has dolby prologic 2 on the analog output,but not on digital out.What im wondering is what setup will give me the best sound experience with headphones?

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 4
Digital output WILL NOT drive headphones or speakers. Digital output requires an external decoder to change the digital signal into an analog signal (AC electricity), which will move the driver units inside headphones and speakers.

Mar 8, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Unless the Xbox has an usb that is able to output the sound digitally to the aria, you are limited to the analog out of the xbox -->analog in of the aria. If the DAC (digital-to-analog convertor) in the xbox is decent, it may sound good. You'll have to try (both if you can), compare and let us know!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back