Confused Newbie looking for IEM for iPhone4S with a few questions
Mar 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hydralisk01

New Head-Fier
First i just want to explain my situation and apologize if writing too much, but im hoping more info lets you guys help me better 
biggrin.gif
!

I am looking to buy an IEM for my iPhone4S and will pretty much only listen to them while travelling to/from work, so i have never really wanted to spend more than $50 on earphones. I have listened to the Shure SE115 (which a friend sold me for $30) which i enjoyed in terms of sound but i hated the fit (i do not like to wear over the ears), until the cable broke after 2 years of use because i wrap them around my ipod 
blink.gif
.  Then i decided to get a budget earphone and ended up with the CX300-II, which was very comfortable and for $25 i was pretty satisfied, until the cable broke after 3 months of wrapping around my ipod 
frown.gif
. I then got my iPhone4S, and used the Apple earphones, and thought the inline controls were great, so i decided to try the Apple Dual Driver IEMs, and while i liked the clarity i would have liked to have a bit more bass so i returned them. Now im looking to perhaps spend a little extra on better IEMs and not wrap them around my iPhone 
bigsmile_face.gif

I read the 225 multi-IEM review and thinking of purchasing the RE-0 or the RE-262 given that they are generally pretty liked in this forum. I am however a little bit worried if i like the sound signature in terms of lack of bass (hopefully not too little like those Apple ones). If this helps, at home i listen to the HD 25-1 II and i like that type of sound, not very bass heavy but not lacking either. At work I listen to the AIAIAI TM-1 because they look cool 
cool.gif
, but i actually like the sound signature of the HD 25-1 II better. I feel that the TM-1 has more bass and more forgiving for bad sound source. Hopefully this gives the audiophiles here get an idea of what i like.

My questions are:

1) I am using 192bit mp3s on the iPhone:
- Will the RE-262 be a waste of money in this scenario? Am i better off with RE-0 and listening to FLAC instead of RE-262 with 192bit mp3.
- Will the Fiio L1 make a difference?

2) While listening to FLAC on my computer with the HD 25-1 II & TM-1, should i invest in an amp such as the E11?

3) Will the RE-262 sound better than the HD 25-1 II ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back