Confused ... M2si Or SR-225 Or ?
Dec 16, 2006 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Poboy

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to a lot of rock n metal ( all kinds ) ... also bands from the 60 to 80's era like jefferson airplane , simon & garfunkle ... fusion music ( indian classical mixed with western guitars )

Im leaning more towards either M2s-i or SR-225 ... which one will be best suited for the overall thing keeping in mind ... more rock , metal than classic rock and i have sr-60 and love its sound ...
Budget is 300 $

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #2 of 3
If you like rock and metal I would say Grado is definitely the way to look.

With a budget of $300 you may want to also the consider the Beyers you mention. I love Grados, got the 990s and really enjoyed them. Might be worth a try. Or you could go for DT770s and then get them Darth Beyer'd if you were so inclined.

Dec 16, 2006 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Hm, with that budget I would probably be looking to find a used RS2 somewhere. The SR225's are very good for rock and metal, but imo they're not $100 or so better than the SR60's. You're also probably going to get the woody bug and upgrade eventually anyway. Alessandros are more neutral, a bit more transparent and less fatiguing. If that's what you want then get the MS2i's

Considering you listen primarily to rock and metal you can't really go wrong anywhere here though. I think you'll be satisfied with any of those choice, but if you get the chance to audition then do so. That way you'll know what you want in probably 10 min and not risk going down the wrong road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back