Confused - Frequency Graph help kindly requested
Apr 15, 2012 at 11:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

vocalist

100+ Head-Fier
I've been trying to do a lot of reading so I'm not what everyone considers to be a "typical" singer.  Anyways, I'm confused, however, when looking at a frequency graph for 2 iem's I've considered, as well as one I owned for about 2 weeks.

I've read differing views on the Shure 425 from some saying treble sparkles to it's ok but leaves some longing for more to it's downright rolled off and there are better choices. Then I've heard people really like the 535 and feel it has good treble extention.

Realizing a frequency graph doesn't give the whole picture and that we all hear differently, the 535 and 425 look fairly close to me.  Am I misreading the graph?  I had the UE 600 for about 2 weeks and to me, sometimes they sounded good/great and others just ok.  I felt like the vocals were forward and at times, the background music sounded veiled. I'm not trying to base my iem choice off a the graph by any means - just trying to understand more about what I'm seeing.  I appreciate any help that can be offered. 

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=2731&graphID[]=2721&graphID[]=3471

Users who are viewing this thread

Back