Confused about iPods
Oct 8, 2008 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ahmed

New Head-Fier
First, let me say hello to everybody! First post!
Anyways, I have $500 to spend. I'm really confused if should I buy iPod Nano 16 GB or iTouch. I lost my previous iPod nano I think someone stole it.
Headphones to be used will be UE Triple.fi10,SE530, iGrado , Grado SR325i.
Btw I already own iPod Shuffle 2GB.

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 11
If you already have something to access the email/web (e.g. laptop with wireless or a mobile phone with wireless) I wouldn't recommend the iPod Touch.

I love the iPod Nano. Mine's starting to show a few problems though, I'll see if it gets bad enough to request an exchange (clickwheel has an actual "click" when scrolling, hold lock is kind of loose, though I've had this with Zune and the iPod Classic before so I guess it is normal)

Oct 9, 2008 at 5:00 AM Post #7 of 11
It's the iPod Touch, not the iTouch.

With that out of the way, I'd go with the Touch. It'll become more of a multimedia player instead of just a music player. Even if you don't think you'll care about using their applications, once you start adding them to your iPod you'll slowly begin to realize how great they are instead of convincing yourself how much you don't need them.

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:23 AM Post #8 of 11
Depends on what you want. If you want a music only player with occasional light video use (eg. video podcasts), get the iPod nano. I would only get the Touch if you are interested in the apps. The Touch is actually less capable as a music player (no shuffle by album).

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #9 of 11
Depends on your needs/preferences:
* Small size -> iPod nano
* Features -> iPod touch

I would pick the iPod nano, but thats just me since I set portability higher than features.

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #10 of 11
iPod is not the only fruit in the forest, choice FTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back