conductive paint
Sep 27, 2010 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pistolsnipe

500+ Head-Fier
does anyone have any recomendations for conductive paint, preferably spraypaint or airbrush medium that would work well on plastic? or another electroplating process that i should look into? i am looking for a suitable fix for my k340 electrostatic drivers and want something that will dry in as thin of a coat as i can get away with. i have been looking into some on ebay that are silver, but i was wondering if anybody had any experience with these types of paints. thanks.

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 9
Here is a whole bunch

http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=conductive+paint&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=conductive+spray++paint&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m2g-o1&aql=&oq=conductive+spray++paint&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=8d9c50a61d5b9175

Sep 27, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #5 of 9
inside the electrostatic driver there are several pieces, there is a membrane, which i am not touching. there is a metalised piece of plastic on the other side of the membrane from the grill. this piece had its metalised paint visibly worn/blown off by a previous owner running too much current through it. if i rotate the metalised plastic, it makes positive contact so i know that the metal coating is the issue, i just need a proper paint or coating to guarantee that this is a permanent fix.

Sep 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 9
ugh, okay i appreciate that you guys are trying to help, but this is like calling tech support.

lets forget the k340 part, does anyone have a conductive paint for use on plastic that they have had experience with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back