Conditioners-do you hear a difference with digital and analog
Aug 30, 2005 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RogerWilco

500+ Head-Fier
My question is----I have read alot in the last so many years about seperating your digital from your analog in a conditioner.Some conditioners made offer a Receptacle for digital then one for anolog.They are suppose to have Separate filters for both.

I guess the Theory is that digital backwash noise can enter the conditioner and contaminate other sources plugged in the same receptacle.

Myself i really don't hear a difference with the 2 conditioners i have.I have a powervar 12 amp highly modified and i have a Promethean power flo.

The powervar use's a very big torrid transformer {45 lbs} and the power flo is capacitor based.

Neither one has seperate digital and analog receptacles.

I will add i did have a PS Audio UPC-200 Power Center that did seperate the two--or you could switch both power cells into one big cell.I did not hear any difference with my amp and cd player plugged into this unit either.

Aug 30, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #2 of 2
On my diy unit, I recently switched from one outlet to 2 seperate outlets and noticed a drop in the noise floor of my system. I can hear the background hissing of recordings easier now.

Biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back