Concidering A West Michigan meetup.
Aug 15, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #16 of 37
soon please!! my school starts on the 21st...POS@#$!@ 6 days left to blow..

Aug 17, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #17 of 37
I'd be up for a meet anywhere in Michigan. I'll be in Ann Arbor starting the 19th, but I enjoy a good drive. As long as it's within 3 or so hours of Ann Arbor, I'll be there =) Other Head-Fi'ers are welcome to share the ride so long as you'll split fuel costs with me.

Aug 19, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #19 of 37
Ok, weird...

I just noticed on my machine that post number 7 in this thread by me the date is all screwd up. It says 8-11-05...?? But my next post in the thread has the correct date, does it show up like this for anyone else?

(Sorry for the thread crapping but it struck me funny)
cool.gif

P.S. I'm really looking foreward to this if Otaku and saab are still interested in putting it together.

Sep 5, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #20 of 37
any idea where we are on this?

Sep 16, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert
any idea where we are on this?

x2
confused.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #22 of 37
For anyone who may be involved in this....I have a room that holds fifty in the lower level of our golf course clubhouse. It has an attached kitchen. I would be willing to donate the space for the day in exchange for allowing me the opportunity to attend!

Located on the north edge of Grand Rapids......

Joe

EDIT: I appreciate the misspell in the original thread title, as it is apple harvest season.....

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:32 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ozshadow
How bout a Novi meet ? I just wanna listen to Cheesebert's HF1
rs1smile.gif

I tried hard to get one of those meeting started before the start of the school..now I am just booked til the middle of Dec!
rolleyes.gif

Oct 21, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #26 of 37
Hey MI guys,
I'll be up in Grand Rapids in about a week. My available times are not great, but I could do something maybe on Monday 10/30? I could bring with me: K1000, HD600 & AD2000. Also, I have some big vintage tube amps as well. I'll need to know tomorrow, since I'm staring my trip early this Sunday. PM me if anyone wants to try for something in GR.
Thanks!
BinK

Oct 21, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #28 of 37
Hey Michigan guys,

FWIW, we've had several mini meets here in the KC area in the last 2+ years. I've hosted 3 of them in my home. Each time, we've tried to find times that everyone can do it - always seems to fall apart about a week before. Also, if there is too much stuff there, everyone ends up doing "gear management" for too much of the time, rather than listening to music.

What we end up doing here are small meets, 3-5 people with 2-3 weeks notice. We post the meet with a date and time - if we get 2 or more takers, then we go ahead with it. Those that can make it have a chance to listen to the gear - those that can't will hear about the good time we had and help set something up the next time. So far, we've got 9 guys that have attended, at different times.

I would expect you folks to wait a very long time to get everyone together, esp. for a first time meet. You might see if you can get small groups together first. My 2 cents.

Good luck. I may bring a couple of things on my trip with me, just in case.

BinK

Oct 21, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by spineynorman

EDIT: I appreciate the misspell in the original thread title, as it is apple harvest season.....

Michigan apples are the BEST

Oct 21, 2006 at 9:22 PM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by billinkansas
Michigan apples are the BEST

You know it! (munching on a Jonagold right now)
My order of last pressing cider should be done anytime now
biggrin.gif
Oh boy!
Cider & doughnuts with some candy corn thrown in....Ahh Autumn.
Better hurry, the leaves colors are peeking about now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back