Concerned about the E6 fake despite them being over a year ago.
Aug 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tamamo

New Head-Fier
This topic was started a long time ago but is still an issue today. I purchased a FiiO E6 from HiFiman through Amazon.com
[size=small]  
While the post on spotting fakes is helpful, all it has accomplished to do is confuse me even more.
Manufacturing is a complicated and difficult process and even originals can sometimes have minor defects.

The box when taken out of it's mailed envelope (Confirmed address from Hifiman) was slightly open on one side. The Serial number had a new sticker on top of it with a scratch off that says "Check Authenticity. It was confirmed authentic.

However, the open box concerns me a great deal especially since it seemed to be slightly open already. Without EXACT Measurements of "Thin" or "Thick" it may as well be another language. In addition to the power/eq mark being slightly slanted but not overly crooked( Middle of the road). The USB looks about right

I will include photos taken on a 5 megapixel HTC One S of the areas, As you will see some thing are in the middle making it very dark and gray to figure out what if it's a fake or the real thing. I have also sent notification to Hifi man in an attempt to determine the truth
[/size]

I'm hoping to get an official response and some peace of mind, I choose to purchase FiiO for my friends glowing love of theirs and I'm hoping to buy more in the future and I gradually get more experienced in amps and the like.

1ceBhdr.jpg

WHwxzDe.jpg

ZXlZu5D.jpg

5jYyot5.jpg

jV18gax.jpg

This should be most if not all of the information required to come to a conclusion.

Thank you very much for your time and effort in reading this, I greatly appreciate any responses that may provide me with peace of mind
-Kris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back