Computer's first BSOD, possible graphics card issue
Mar 18, 2008 at 9:56 AM Post #16 of 20
i do it all the time. i use riva tuner to lower the core speed for 2D graphic only, so for desktop usage it always stay cool, but 3d speed is normal so it automatically raise up for 3d applications/games. i remember it works with the older riva tuner 2.02 and nvidia 15x.xx drivers. but now with the newer versions it doesn't seem to let me set them seperately anymore.

Mar 21, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #17 of 20
The MSI 8600GT arrived today, I installed it, aaaaand.... Yep, it was the video card. Everything is 100% back to normal, and I can run games at higher resolutions and framerates.

msi.jpg

The heatsink on the back is huge--I can't imagine running two of these in SLI. It's comforting to know that the heat has a large area of dissipation. This is similar to the design of the fanless XFX 7950GTX in my other computer, which has been a great performer. Thumbs up for the card so far.
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by asuka10456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call gigabyte and ask them for a replacement, they will probably replace it for free. That card is pretty old, i would just buy something newer.

It was well past warranty, and as you can see in the post just above yours, I did buy a new card.
tongue.gif

It's been working well ever since.

Apr 24, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was well past warranty, and as you can see in the post just above yours, I did buy a new card.
tongue.gif

It's been working well ever since.

lol sorry didn't read the entire thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back